Developing Your Path To Commercialization
All SBIRs and some OTAs have the requirement of demonstrating your path to commercialization. If you are struggling to communicate your commercial value as you work on bridging the gap from TRL 3 to 7 we can solve that serious problem with you. We don’t give assessments and then leave you stranded⏤we solve the problems alongside and for you.
Do You Recognize These Indicators Of Being Ready For A Space Or Defense Commercial Business Strategy?
As the leader of your space or defense firm, do you:
- Worry about the extreme risk of relying on a single customer who is often slow to pay or temporarily unable to pay
- Seek to develop another, stable and financially rewarding revenue source from solvent buyers who pay their bills on time
- Recognize that the approach to commercial sales is completely different than defense or government selling, not just on a process & tasks level but even on a values & intention level
- Admit that you really won’t even try to do this without expert support because you feel time-constrained, even if you firmly believe it’s a good idea
- Know you have unused production capacity in your existing plant you’d like to turn into revenue
- Want to create more production capacity, without necessarily having to jump through the heavy compliance hoops required by government when opening a new factory
- Historically produce slightly non-compliant products that, while not quite meeting government requirements, would meet or even well exceed civilian requirements and allow you to avoid expensive rework?
The all-too-common truth is those defense contractor Presidents and CEOs who recognize the risk and instability of relying on one customer and want to develop a commercial side to their business are still unlikely to move on the idea. Why? Without guidance and support it’s scary, different and has too many unknowns.
Areas we provide focused expertise to solve commercial space & defense business problems are:
- Business Development & Outreach
- Business Process & Systems Improvement
- Innovation & Growth
- Manufacturing Process Design & Improvement
- Operational Excellence & Lean Six Sigma Programs
- Positioning, Marketing & Sales
- Services Concept & Fulfillment Design
- Space Industry Recruitment
- Strategy & Strategic Planning
- Supply Chain Optimization.
Each process we develop and install with you is designed to solve a distinct problem or create a specific system to help you and your business grow, enabling you to make real change in your business and be confident in the results.
We are here to help you understand what you need to build the business you want. It’s your opportunity to discuss what’s challenging you most in your business. Schedule a time for us to speak now and see if we can give you the answers you’re looking for: